RE: Re: help with integration and warning message

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47142] RE: [mg47101] Re: help with integration and warning message
  • From: JonasB at iui.se
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 01:34:48 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I don't know if this is directly related, but there is a bug filed with 5.x
with local variables in summations and integrations. Mathematica does not
consistently treat iterators as local variables. In the first sum i is a
local variable, in the second it is not:

In[1]:=
i=1;
Sum[i, {i, 1, N}]
Sum[f[i], {i, 1, N}]