Re: Re: kuen surface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48074] Re: Re: kuen surface
  • From: "Peltio" <peltio at twilight.zone>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 05:19:57 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Wolf, Hartmut" wrote

>Yes, a single view is not enough to look at this marvelleous thing.

I remember an article in an old issue of the Mathematica Journal that
illustrated a function to 'cut into' 3D graphics. For a given surface an
animation was generated with two view of the surface cut at a plane that
gradually moved from one end to the other of the enclosing box.
IIRC, one of the surfaces used to test this function was Kuen's surface.

I guess the package was/is downloadable from the Mathsource, but I don't
remember which issue it was in. The name should be Slice or SliceShow.

Hope this helps, anyway.

cheers,
Peltio
Invalid address in reply-to. Crafty demunging required to mail me.