Re: Finding errors in my code?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48192] Re: Finding errors in my code?
  • From: mathma18 at hotmail.com (Narasimham G.L.)
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 03:22:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jonathan Greenberg <greenberg at ucdavis.edu> wrote in message news:<c7kleo$2kr$1 at smc.vnet.net>...
> -- is there a way to get Mathematica 5 more descriptive
> error outputs (e.g. Having it recite back which line of code, or which
> command caused the error in question)?

Perhaps all Mathematica users would appreciate it. A pointer to the
source of error is more important than an enumeration of NFE's (non
fatal errors).

Also, an ineffective ditto command echo without any helpful diagnostic
remarks frustrates early entrants to Mathematica ; when its probable
ineffectiveness in a particular case and/or their own error cannot be
established, such an undirected echo appears temporarily impolite.
Hoping this comment would be taken in the proper spirit.