Re: Hide Mathematica kernel window

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51904] Re: Hide Mathematica kernel window
  • From: D Herring <dherring at at.uiuc.dot.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 01:51:22 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Mukhtar,

I don't believe you can hide the Windows Mathematica kernel, other than
to minimize it to the taskbar (default behavior).  On some other
operating systems (like the Linux version I'm using now), the kernel
process does not have a window that needs hiding.  That may not be a
built-in option for Mathematica on MSWindows, though.  If it is
possible, it would probably be an option available within the kernel's
window, and not from the notebook-interface window (the two are actually
separate programs).

There used to be some third-party applications which could move *any*
program's entry from the taskbar to the system tray or another location.
  I tried them on older versions of Windows; I don't know which ones are
good now.

http://www.download.com/ArtTray/3000-2340_4-10104991.html?tag=lst-0-6
may work for you, but be warned that I haven't even installed it.

Good luck,
Daniel