Re: Plotting scattergram

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51922] Re: Plotting scattergram
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 02:17:16 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mukhtar wrote:
> Is there a way to plot a scattergram.  I could not find anyting in
> statistics section, where one would expect to find it.  I have two
> vectors X and Y that I need to plot against each other.  As of now I
> have to export data to excel and do it there which is very
> inconvenient. Thanks.

OK, let's start with a vector of X values and a vector of Y values:

Xset = Table[k + Random[], {k, 0, 10}];

Yset = Table[k + Random[], {k, 0, 10}];

Then to plot Y against X use:

ListPlot[Transpose[{Xset, Yset}]]

It is important to remember that the various packages are designed to
augment Mathematica - so you have to look at them in conjunction with
the core functionality of Mathematica.

David Bailey