List element replacement.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51980] List element replacement.
  • From: "Robert G. Wilson v" <rgwv at rgwv.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 02:07:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Et al,

	HELP, I tried this once before but what I received back I could not make it work.
Therefore I am following the adage that if at first you do not succeed then wait
awhile, rethink, restate and resubmit.

	I have three lists of objects, sorted but not unioned, that is there are elements
which will be repeated. Let us label them 'initial' list, 'compare' list, and
'replace' list. If all of the elements in the 'compare' list, including repeats,
are in the 'initial' list, then remove those elements and put in the elements from
the 'replace' list.

Thank you in advance,

Bob.