Accumulating error counts?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52171] Accumulating error counts?
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 04:40:24 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'd like to turn off certain error messages like

    NIntegrate::ncvb: NIntegrate failed to converge
    NIntegrate::slwcon: Numerical integration converging too slowly

using Off[], but accumulate a count of the total number of times the
message occurred in a sequence of calculations.  How do I get at that
number?

(Better yet, I'd like to know the number of times it could have
occurred, as well as the number of times it did occur.)