Re: TraditionalForm of expressions WITHOUT evaluating.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52220] Re: TraditionalForm of expressions WITHOUT evaluating.
  • From: D Herring <dherring at at.uiuc.dot.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:17:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
 > Also, related to this, anybody knowns how to export a graphic, cell,
 > or Traditionalform expression to a bitmap with the resulution I want
 > and smoothed? For example, a 1024x768 graph with the lines smoothed,
 > or an integral with smoothed font in a resolution to be included in a
 > image.

Try this:

Export["test.gif",
	Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2 Pi}],
	ImageSize->{1024,768}];

and this:

Export["test2.gif",
	Graphics[Text[
		Integrate[x,{x,2,3}] // HoldForm,
		{0,0}, TextStyle->{FontSize->24}]],
	ImageSize->{100,80}];

For more info on formatting text, check out section 2.10.15 in The
Mathematica Book (search for TextStyle).

Look under "Export" to find the different image types available and the
options for each.

Later,
Daniel