Re: Complex plotting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52301] Re: [mg52270] Complex plotting
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 07:23:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Diana,

I tried to reply to you privately by sending some gif images of the function
made with my Cardano2 package from my web site.

But the first time I forgot to remove from your email address and the second
time I either removed too much or not enough so that didn't go either.

So if you want the images send me your actual email address and I'll send
them to you.

I was able to make a number of nice plots of the function including a vector
plot animation and I will send the notebook to anyone who wants to see them
and who has the Cardano2 package.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Diana [mailto:diana53xiii at earthlink.remove13.net]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Mathematica folks,

I am trying to plot the function:

E^(3 z)/(1 + E^z) where z ranges from z = R (>0) to z = R + 2 Pi I.

When z = R, the value of the function is E^(3 R)/(1 + E^R)

When z = R + Pi I, the value of the function is E^(3 R)/(-1 + E^R)

When z = R + 2 Pi I, the value of the function is E^(3 R)/(1 + E^R) again.

I am trying to show with a plot that the magnitude of the function achieves
its maximum at z = R + Pi I.

I have tried using ComplexMap, but perhaps don't know how to fully utilize
it.

Help would be appreciated.

Diana

"God made the integers, all else is the work of man."
L. Kronecker, Jahresber. DMV 2, S. 19.