Re: the circle map

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52287] Re: the circle map
  • From: Roger Bagula <tftn at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 07:23:22 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Peter Valko,
As I explained map is "sensative" to both the oringinal a0 ( angle)
and the initial conditions. It is easy to get the dengerate circle,
and not so easy to get some of the pretty effects
This also a problem with the Martin map:
I got in real trouble in a Martin map egroup I was in because
I was trying to get the simple degenete sets, ha, ha.

On the fractional part: I've always got :
Mod[x.1]=x-Floor[x]
to give the same output. If it doesn't,
it may be one more problem with the Mod[x,1]
algorithm in Mathematica ( to get Modulo ones
where continued use of Sqrt[] are involved , you have
to use N[ Mod[x,1], digits_accuracy].
It shouldn't be a problem where a number not a function is used like
you have been doing. Mathematica has a bad habit of carrying what errors it
does make on  and building on them if "exact" numbers as symbols in a
list are used.

alternative email: rlbtftn at netscape.net