Re: Mathematica&SuSe 9.2: Inputformulars disabled

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52379] Re: Mathematica&SuSe 9.2: Inputformulars disabled
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kmccann at umbc.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 05:49:54 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Make sure NumLock is off.

Kevin

Detlef Mueller wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am running Mathematica 4.1 under Suse Linux 9.2 and
> there are strange effects:
>
> Starting any Windowmanager (i.e fvwm or kde) the regular
> way (with startx) and callin Mathematica, Mathematica starts ...
>
> but any inputformular is disabled, for example the input
> of keywords in the help, or the input of filenames to
> save.
> In short Mathematica is useless.
>
> Starting the X-Window with xinit,
> then starting the windowmanager "fvwm"
> or "twm",
> then running mathematica and it works.
>
> The above procedure
> with Windowmanager "kde" fails.
>
> (For the ones thinking of a deja vue:
>  I posted this on 2004-01-31 for Suse 9.0, and
>  no one answered.
>  maybe in the mean time there are some ideas?)
>
> greetings
>   Detlef

--------------000904000408090505000702
 filename="kmccann.vcf"

begin:vcard
fn:Kevin J. McCann
n:McCann;Kevin J.
org:University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC);Physics/JCET
adr:1000 Hilltop Circle;;Physics Building;Baltimore;MD;21250;USA
email;internet:kmccann at umbc.edu
title:Research Associate Professor
url:http://alg.umbc.edu
version:2.1