Re: canonical mathematical expression represenation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52508] Re: canonical mathematical expression represenation?
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 05:24:17 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

There are various wrappers that you can use to control the way Mathematica
expressions are formatted which you can find one the Cell | Display As...
menu item. The one you want is TraditionalForm which you can use in-line
thus:

Sum[a^k, {k, 0, M}]//TraditionalForm

If you want to wrap all of your outputs in TraditionalForm then you can do
the following:

$PrePrint=TraditionalForm[#]&;

in which case Sum[a^k, {k, 0, M}] (and everything else) will be
traditionally formatted.

Steve Luttrell

news:coefjk$rf3$1 at smc.vnet.net...