Re: mathlink newbie q

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50394] Re: mathlink newbie q
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at sdc.cox.net>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 02:10:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Sean:

With a disclaimer that what I recomend, some may not consider a good
compiler.

I would recomend:

Downloading free Express tools from Microsoft. They are beta versions, I
have not yet installed them myself but did download them, I need to clear up
a machine. I use the Visual Studio Products.

Go here and download:

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/default.aspx

There is a manual install or a smaller installer file (I would recommend the
manual)

I would highly recommend getting a copy MathLink: Network Programming with
Mathematica by Chikara Miyaji and Paul Abbott. This book comes with a CD
which has CodeWarrior lite.

There are a few C and C++ tutorial online you just have to look for them.

Benefit to downloading this Micorsoft free Beta product is that you may also
play around with .NET/Link.
Downsides are no support, you need the .NET framework 2.0, you may need a
passport account, ...

The book though would solve most issues, newbie help, Mathlink explained,
code samples, and a compiler, that they use in examples of the book. But it
is not free.

Hans

news:ch1kft$ick$1 at smc.vnet.net...