3D graph with assumptions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50814] 3D graph with assumptions
  • From: mbekkali at gmail.com (Mukhtar)
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 00:11:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Suppose I have f(x,y) that I need to Plot in 3D, however, the range of
x is (0,1) while the range of y is (0,g(x)), where g(x) is some
explicit function of x, say x^1/2.  Is there a way to do it since
specifying it directly the way I outlined above in Plot3D gives me the
error message that "Plot3D :: plln: Limiting value g(x) in {y,0,g(x)}
is not a machine-size real number". Perhaps I can do this indirectly
by plotting two surfaces and then consider the relevant part of
surface f(x,y), however, it would look ugly. Thanks.