Re: Bilinear Transforms-> Möbius transforms

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50807] Re: Bilinear Transforms-> Möbius transforms
  • From: Roger Bagula <tftn at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 00:11:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

It appear to be Fuchsian with determinant in lamda squared.
I usually similfy these by hand:
u'=(z-1/Lamda)/(z/Lamda+1)=z/(z/Lamda+1)-(1/Lamda)/(z/Lamda+1)
I think that's what you want.
These are called Möbius transforms and
are associated with the Poincare
nonEuclidean plane.
Fuchsian groups are a big well studied area.
A tip is to multiply by (z/z) and (-1/Lamda)/(-1/Lamda)
to get a form where it is:
u'=(a*z+b)/(c*z+b)
By bilinear they mean that the 2by2:
multiplies when the the functions are taken like f(g(z)).
These matrices are also associated as well with Klein groups and
Teichmuller space
in Mathematics.

--
Respectfully, Roger L. Bagula