GraphPlot vs. SpringEmbedding

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55640] GraphPlot vs. SpringEmbedding
  • From: "J. McKenzie Alexander" <jalex at lse.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 05:36:11 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I see that the new version of GraphPlot included with Mathematica 5.1
contains much of the functionality of ShowGraph and SpringEmbedding
from Combinatorica.  It also seems to be significantly faster than
SpringEmbedding.  However, one thing which I cannot figure out is how
to have GraphPlot only do a partial step of the spring-embedding
calculation - something equivalent to Combinatorica's SpringEmbedding[
g, 1, 0.04].  Is this possible?

Many thanks,

Jason
--
Dr J. McKenzie Alexander
Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method