Re: Need to be able to diff 2 pieces of text.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55639] Re: Need to be able to diff 2 pieces of text.
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at sdc.cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 05:36:10 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Luc

If you are using Mathematica 5.1> look into the ClusterAnalysis.
Particularly the

EditDistance[s1,s2]. I think this is the Levenstein Function.

I have not used EditDistance  in Mathematica (don't even know if it takes
options) but the Levenstein Function works well for small amount of text. I
think the new Combinatorica package contains a Longest Common Substring
function. So I would look there also.

Hans

news:d2g6hg$f8q$1 at smc.vnet.net...