Integrate with Assumption that a parameter is Integer?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55674] Integrate with Assumption that a parameter is Integer?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 01:28:04 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'd like to evaluate a bunch of integrals where the outcome of the
integration will contain factors like Exp[I 2 Pi q], and tell Mathematica that
the symbol q is an integer, i.e.

 Integrate[ --integrand --, {--limits--}, Assumption->{q is an integer}]

How can I do this?  The symbol q appears in the limits, not the
integrand, if that matters.