Re: immediate abort at error messages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55811] Re: immediate abort at error messages
  • From: Marcus Stollsteimer <marcus314 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 05:09:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Igor Antonio wrote:

> The reason you no longer see error messages is because $Messages
> defines
>   where to send output and with the code above you are supressing
>   the
> stdout.  Try using:
>
> $Messages := (OutputStream["stdout", 1]; Abort[];)

Hi,

it still does not work, I get exactly the same behavior
as for $Messages := Abort[] (I use Mathematica 5.1).

this is the somewhat strange result I get
(still no message, and the 3rd cell does not evaluate):

In[1]:=
$Messages:=(OutputStream["stdout",1];Abort[];)

In[2]:=
sin[x] = 1
1+1

In[2]:=
1+2

Out[2]=
$Aborted

In[3]:=
1+3

Out[3]=
4

Regards,
Marcus

--
Boy, those French: They have a different word for everything!
   -- Steve Martin