Set working directory? Read polynomial from text file?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55957] Set working directory? Read polynomial from text file?
  • From: "xxxxyz at abv.bg" <xxxxyz at abv.bg>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 05:26:06 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have two questions:

1. How can I set working directory that when I restart Mathematica the
wotking directory is that I set previous time? I use
SetDirectory["dir"] but when I restart Mathematica the working
directory is the original "C:\Program file...".

2. I have a text file with polynomials in form as follows:
x^n+x^(n-1)+...x+1 (one polynomial per row). How can I read from this
file and Mathematica understand the value it reads as polynomial? I do
this: streamR=Openfile["file"];poly=Read[streamR,String], but "poly" is
String at the end and I can't use functions CoefficientList, Expand
etc.

Thanks.