Maping and Complex Addition

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56098] Maping and Complex Addition
  • From: Pratik Desai <pdesai1 at umbc.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 04:47:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a list of complex conjugate numbers , appearing as
comp={a+b*I,a-b*I,c+d*I,c-d*I}

I would like to create a function ConjPlus[{}] which gives me the real
values obtained by adding the first two complex conjugate numbers and so
on. I have been able to do it using table and plus, but it would be cool
to just have a function you can call

Anyway, here is what I am using
Table[Plus@@Partition[comp,2][[q]],{q,1,j}]

--