Re: Integrating a complicated expression involving Sign[...] etc.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56220] Re: Integrating a complicated expression involving Sign[...] etc.
  • From: Christian Mikkelsen <s010132 at student.dtu.dk>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 05:29:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Daniel,

> Hi Christian,
> I can not answer all your questions, try to be a bit more specific.
> Daniel

I agree that I am vague but that is because I am at a point where I don't
really know what to do.

> > 2) I would like to understand the structure of some of the intermediate
> > results ("Thetaintegrant" in particular) to see if Mathematica might need
> > a little help (see my earlier post and the kludge below). Is there any
> > good way to do that? Using TreeForm, for example if I could just look at
> > the upper most levels of the expression tree?
>
> try the following:
> Shallow[TreeForm[ expr ], depth ]
> with depth you can control how deep your tree is displayed.

Thanks, I think this is very useful information. I need to get some sort
of idea about the structure of the intermediate expression before deciding
how to handle it.

Your suggestion pointed me to the functions short and skeleton which I
will study further. Hopefully, I can make some progress now.

Christian