Re: a conflicting StringReplace

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56317] Re: a conflicting StringReplace
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 06:22:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Hui,
this exerpt from the help will calrify:
StringReplace goes through a string, testing substrings that start at
each successive character position. On each substring, it tries in turn
each of the transformation rules you have specified. If any of the rules
apply, it replaces the substring, then continues to go through the
string, starting at the character position after the end of the substring.

Sincerely, Daniel