Random points in NIntegrate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56425] Random points in NIntegrate
  • From: isturan at gmail.com (Ismail T.)
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 01:30:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I need to do the following. I am using mathematica to take a
multi-dimensional integral with NIntegrate and QuasiMonteCarlo method
is default for such cases. There are two things that I couldn't figure
out. First, I want to print the random points that the mathematica
chooses to take each data points. This is particularly important to
see whether mathematica is stuck only some parts of the region of
integration where it assumes that the biggest cntribution comes from.

Secondly, how can I make mathematica to take sample (random) points
only in a specific part of the region of integration without applying
any particular cut to the limits of integration?

Thanks a lot in advance,

ismail