Mathematica 5.0 notebooks icon gone.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56424] Mathematica 5.0 notebooks icon gone.
  • From: "E. Martin-Serrano" <EmilioMartin-Serrano at wanadoo.es>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 01:30:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have been trying Mathematica 5.1.1 trial version, and got rid of it when
the trial period expired. But now all my Mathematica 5.0 notebooks look
"icon-less" (No Mathematica icon at all). Obviously, after uninstalling
Mathematica 5.1, I reassigned the file type extension "nb" to Mathematica
5.0 through the Windows XP thread "Control Panel>Folder Options>File Type>NB
= Mathemaica 5.0". Mathematica 5.1.1 does not show up in the Add/Remove
Programs (installed programs) panel but Mathematica 5.0 does.

Any help?

E. Martin-Serrano.

P.S.

BTW, just for Mathgroup followers' info:

Due to Wolfram's peculiar license policy, I am unable to upgrade to
Mathematica 5.1.1 from the place where I currently live, and through the
very same channels I have been using to upgrade up to now. Wolfram license
policy considers customers in different regions as different sort of
customers (or if you prefer, to Wolfram, it is the region, the terrain, the
source of the customer's rights; so, if you move between pieces of land for
any reason (say between US and Europe), even temporarily, then your customer
status is changed automatically). In my opinion, this is a Kafkian nonsense,
and pretty contradictory with the nature of the Wolfram products themselves.