Slow performance on OS X?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56535] Slow performance on OS X?
  • From: Kenneth Bowman <k-bowman at null.tamu.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 02:40:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I haven't used Mathematica in a year or two, so I have not bothered to upgrade
my 4.1.3 license.  When I start it up now, however, it runs like molasses (on a
2.5 GHz, dual-processor G5 with 2 GB of RAM and OS X 10.3.9).  I don't recall
any similar problems the last time I used it (on a G4).

I thought it might be issues with the old version, but MathReader 5.0.1 also
runs *very* slowly.

Are there any known issues that cause this behavior?  (And any solutions?)  I
don't want to spring for a new license and find that it does not resolve the
problem.

Thanks, Ken Bowman