MLGetByteString

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56546] MLGetByteString
  • From: OT <montoz at invaliddomain.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 02:40:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I found a little inconsistency in Mathematica 5.1 MathLink about the
function MLGetByteString, since looking in the Help Browser I found both
these two different prototypes:

int MLGetByteString( MLINK link, unsigned char **s, long *n, long spec)

int MLGetByteString( MLINK link, const unsigned char** sp, long* n, long
spec)

Now, I wrote my C code assuming that the first prototype was right, and
the code works perfectly under Windows XP; problems arise when I try to
compile the same C code on a different computer running Linux and
Mathematica 5.0, since I get several warnings when compiling.
It seems that the right prototype for MLGetByteString under Linux is the
second one.

Now, my question is: how can I wright a code suitable for both the platform?

It's not beautiful to see all these warnings...

thanks in advance,

andrea