Re: Re: NIntegrate and NDSolve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56567] Re: [mg56542] Re: NIntegrate and NDSolve
  • From: Matt Flax <flatmax at Matt.Flax>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 03:20:22 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have now added limits to the equation and have converted as much of
the equation to constants as possible ... the exact equation is here :
http://mffm.ee.unsw.edu.au/~flatmax/temp_110.gif

I would like to solve for 'sigma[r,theta,z]' ... when the equation is
set to zero ...
i.e. http://mffm.ee.unsw.edu.au/~flatmax/temp_110.gif == 0

I guess I will have to use boundary values in some way ... is that
correct ?

Also what method would be used ? NDSolve NIntegrate ???? Something else
????

thanks
Matt

--