Re: Obtaining the output from the line above.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59285] Re: Obtaining the output from the line above.
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 02:08:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Josef Karthauser wrote:
> Dear folk,
>
> We all know that '%' will return the value of the last result calculated,
> but is there a way of getting the value of the output box above the
> current input box?
>
> Joe
> --
> Josef Karthauser (joe at tao.org.uk)	       http://www.josef-k.net/
> FreeBSD (cvs meister, admin and hacker)     http://www.uk.FreeBSD.org/
> Physics Particle Theory (student)   http://www.pact.cpes.sussex.ac.uk/
> ================ An eclectic mix of fact and theory. =================

Hi Josef,

You can use a series of "%" characters, say %%%, to get the third last
output.

Or you can use the command Out[n] to get the result of the n-th output.

Or you can use the keyboard sequence (on Windows) Shift+Ctrl+L to get a
copy of the output above the insertion point (on the other hand the
sequence Ctrl+L copies the input box above the insertion point).

Hope this helps,
/J.M.