Re: Re: Specifying path to a non standard package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59393] Re: [mg59354] Re: Specifying path to a non standard package
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 03:34:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Where did you find out about $PreferencesDirectory?  In Mathematica 5.2
I don't find it in the HelpBrowser, and I don't get any help if I evaluate

?$PreferencesDirectory

(other than it being in the System context, with Attribute Protected,
and its current value).

Perhaps $PreferencesDirectory is now deprecated?  Cannot
$UserBaseDirectory accomplish the same thing?

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305