Broken DSolve + Piecewise forcing function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59566] Broken DSolve + Piecewise forcing function
  • From: Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 00:09:22 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear MathGroup,
Somehow, I have managed to feed DSolve a system of equations to which
it seems to produce an unphysical answer. The problem seems to
originate from the forcing function, which is Piecewise defined. I
have correctly solved the equations with NDSolve. I have also
correctly solved the equations using a Fourier series approximation to
the forcing function and DSolve. All that remains is to figure out
what is going wrong with the Piecewise forcing function and the DSolve
command.
The notebook gives the full problem statement and some explanation on
the origins of the equation system.
http://chrischiasson.com/MathGroup/BrokenDSolvePiecewise.nb
Please help me figure out what is wrong.
Thank you for your time,
--
Chris Chiasson
http://chrischiasson.com/