Re: Some bugs in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59617] Re: Some bugs in Mathematica
  • From: "Alex" <akhmel at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 04:38:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I accept your challenge to improve algebra of complex numbers. Here is
my first installment. I claim that

can be simplified to \!\(1/\@z2\), if Re[z2] > Re[z1]. Otherwise, the
result is Sign[Re[z1]Im[z2]-Im[z1]Re[z2]] Sign[Im[z2]-Im[z1]] /
Sqrt[z2].

I challenge Kozlowski and anybody else to give me a numerical example
where my formulas are incorrect.

Alex