Re: Linking to Mathematica Kernel from Excel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59647] Re: Linking to Mathematica Kernel from Excel
  • From: Steve Kass <skass at drew.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 04:39:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

stevekass at gmail.com wrote:

> Murray,
>
> Can you verify that "Mathematica Link for Excel" works correctly with
> recent versions of Mathematica?
>
> I just tried installing Episoft's other offering, Mathematica for
> ActiveX, and it is not working.  The files in that product are all
> dated from 1996-2000, and I want to find out if it still works.

For the record, Mathematica for ActiveX works now, and I no
longer get "$NoLink".  I can't figure out what changed -
the Mathematica kernel and application were both connecting
fine when I was having trouble before and still are now.

I haven't yet done more than display a Mathematica result in
a VBA MsgBox, but so far so good.

SK