Re: Re: Re: Re: export import eps | illustrator | pstoedit

Hi,
I understand your predicament. I had never tried to open an Illustrator
generated file with Mathematica and at first glance it seems there is
a problem. And come to think of it, I usually never go back to
Mathematica after I've touched up the graphic with Illustrator.

Try this. Save the document with Illustrator with a TIFF black and white
preview, postscript level 2 and import into Mathematica with

Import["filename.eps", "EPSTIFF"]
Show[%]

I hope that this is sufficient for you to get at the data. To really get
at it, you would need to see what the difference between headers is
between the two files "after" you have saved a copy with Illustrator.
There is probaby a line missing that the Mathematica implementation of EPS
import can't read or needs. At which point I would call it a bug. But then
the question becomes -- whose problem is it, Adobe or Wolfram?

Cheers
Yas