Re: Re: Some bugs in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59708] Re: [mg59680] Re: Some bugs in Mathematica
  • From: Curtis Osterhoudt <gardyloo at mail.wsu.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 00:16:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This is my final posting on this matter, as I feel such postings are
getting nowhere and quite likely annoying (almost) everyone.

Abramowitz and Stegun has this integral. So does Mathematica.
Mathematica does NOT return the result for (b^2/a^2) >1 because it's not
evaluateable UNLESS you enter the requisite assumptions (also in
Abramowitz and Stegun. If you DO enter such assumptions, the correct
answer is returned.