Re: Invisible Characters

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59772] Re: Invisible Characters
  • From: albert <awnl at arcor.de>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 03:14:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

> \[InvisibleSpace] can cause evaluation problems. Usually it
> comes from InputForm output cut and paste.  There seem to be no way to
> get rid of that creature within Mathematica,

this works for me: open the find dialog. Put (literally) \[InvisibleSpace]
into the search-for textfield. Put a space in the replace-with textfield if
you want them to become regular spaces or nothing if you want to just get
rid of them. Klick the 'Replace All'-button... I have tested this on
Mathematica 4.0 and 5.1 on linux and 4.2 and 5.1 on windows. The method
also works for any other nonstandard character is you know what it's name is...

> I usually have to clean up
> my Notebooks with a separate text editor.

actually just to be save I would myself check whether things like that
worked as intended with another editor or tool, too.

Albert