Visualization site updates

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59883] Visualization site updates
  • From: Jeff Bryant <jeffb at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 06:32:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

   I've added a few more examples to my visualization site, actually
each one is a pair of examples.  The first pair shows some Mathematica
rendered DXF models obtained from 3Dcafe.com.  The choices were made
purely because I thought they looked good, but many other models are
available from 3Dcafe.com:

http://members.wri.com/jeffb/visualization/models.shtml
and
http://members.wri.com/jeffb/visualization/models2.shtml

The second pair are in the animation section and show an application of
event detection with NDSolve.  I modified an earlier example based on
the restricted 3 body problem so that it makes use of event detection
and also uses an imported image and ColorFunction to simulate a "texture
map" effect for a more realistic accretion disk in a binary star system:

http://members.wri.com/jeffb/visualization/accretion.shtml
and
http://members.wri.com/jeffb/visualization/accretion-orbit.shtml

As usual, if you have any interesting visualizations, either 2D or 3D,
send them my way so they can be posted and shared with others that may
be interested.

-Jeff