Re: my wish list for Mathematica next major version

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60013] Re: my wish list for Mathematica next major version
  • From: Wishmaster (r) <wishmaster at provedor.com>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:07:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:10:15 +0000 (UTC)
AES <siegman at stanford.edu> wrote:

> As a meta-response to these requests, and many other similar ones (for
> example, "4.1.  A palette manager, GUI based"), one attractive solution
> could be a user-customizable toolbar across the top of the screen or the
> top of the noteook window, as found in many other Mac programs (Eudora,
> Quicken, others).

This would be a feature I'd like to see.
Also some single-window mode that wouldn't cause Mathematica to open one window for each palette - more like a MDI interface with palettes operating as toolbars.

I wish also that Mathematica on Linux would use a GUI made with GTK (Qt is also good but is heavy on memory usage): the Motif interface looks really outdated.