Re: RasterGraphics[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60047] Re: RasterGraphics[]
  • From: Peter Pein <petsie at dordos.net>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 04:43:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Patrick Flaherty schrieb:
> Thanx Jean-Marc - very useful.
>
> A further question.  I substituted ArrayPlot for RasterGraphics.  So the
> totality of what I'm doing, in a single sheet is:
>
> ONE (initialize)
> << MathWorld`CellularAutomata`;
> rule = 110;
>
> TWO
> Show[ArrayPlot[ElementaryCellularAutomaton[110, 500]]] // Timing
>
> This plots out _twice_ (and presumably identical) - why I wonder?
>
> In addition I've clicked on the grahical objects (and they select).
> Right-click ...  I don't see anything that will allow me to resize
> them and make them larger (so that I can inspect more closely what's
> going on inside the objects).
>
> Oh yes.  I'm working from Eric Weisstein's file here:
> mathworld.wolfram.com/Rule110.html
>
> pat
>

> In article <detuv5$cbb$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Jean-Marc Gulliet says...
>
>>Patrick Flaherty wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>  New to Mathematica.  Version 5.2.
>>>
>>>  Trying to execute:
>>>
>>>  Show[RasterGraphics[ElementaryCellularAutomaton[110, 500]]] // Timing
>>>
>>>as part of the Rule 110 Cellular Automata stuff (I _have_ figured out how to
>>>download the initialization stuff from
>>>http://www.mathworld.wolfram.com/packages).
>>>
>>>'RasterGraphics' above fails saying 'RasterGraphics is not a type of graphics'.
>>>
>>>  When in fact I see the following file:
>>>
>>>C:\Program Files\Wolfram
>>>Research\Mathematica\5.2\SystemFiles\Kernel\SystemResources\Windows\Graphics\RasterGraphics.mx
>>>
>>>I think I need to do a GET or something on this, but haven't quite figured it
>>>out yet.
>>>
>>>  pat
>>>

>>(* Additions to my previous message. *)
>>
>>The *RasterGraphics* command/package you try to use is NOT the same
>>*RasterGraphics* command that was developed by Eric W. Weisstein:
>>originally it was located within the CellularAutomata.m package, then
>>the function was moved to the package Plot.m, finally, as of 03.15.2005,
>>  it was replaced by the standard Mathematica function *ArrayPlot* (all
>>of this from the version history of the package CellularAutomata.m).
>>
>>Therefore, for you own explorations, you should also use *ArrayPlot*.
>>
>>Hope this helps,
>>/J.M.

Hi,

if nothing else helps, have a look at the documentation. Place the
cursor somewhere in the word ArrayPlot and press F1. You'll see - beside
other usefull information - the options that are valid for ArrayPlot.

ArrayPlot[...,ImageSize->{2222,2222}] might be sufficient for your example.

--
Peter Pein, Berlin
GnuPG Key ID: 0xA34C5A82