How to cope with tiny numbers in FindRoot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63152] How to cope with tiny numbers in FindRoot
  • From: dkjk at bigpond.net.au
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 07:14:11 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi group,

I'm trying to numerically determine the solution of an equation whose
coefficients are of the order 10^-100 or less. I've been running into
all sorts of errors relating to MaxIterations and step size but so far
I haven't been able to find any useful information in the Mathematica
book. If you're interested in the notebook i'm using, you can find it
here:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/jdstokes/theory2.nb

Thanks

James.