Re: Remote Mathematica kernels and SSH password

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63164] Re: Remote Mathematica kernels and SSH password
  • From: "ragfield" <ragfield at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 07:22:19 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> I think it requires key authentication, because the remote kernel is v5.0.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  I was asking about the version
of Mathematica installed on your local machine (the machine running the
front end).  The remote version shouldn't matter.  The Mathematica 5.2
front end (via mathssh) will put up a dialog asking for your password.
If your Mathematica front end is older than version 5.2 you will have
to use some other mechanism, such as key authentication.

-Rob