Retaining variable/function expressions from session to session

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63416] Retaining variable/function expressions from session to session
  • From: "Charles Ashley" <cka2 at adelphia.net>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 02:32:32 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Is it possible to have variables and functions retain their assigned
expressions from session to session?  I'm working on a problem that
consists of a dozen variables and it seems odd that Mathematica
"forgets" the expression that I've assigned to each variable when I
close out of a session.  To date my solution has just been to "remind"
Mathematica of the assigned expression by reevaluating it each time I
start a new session, but there must be a better way.

Thanks

Charles Ashley

cka2 at adelphia.net