Mathematica for Summation of Trigonometry expression

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53982] Mathematica for Summation of Trigonometry expression
  • From: cheanglong at gmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 03:18:10 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear All Mathematica user

Im trying to use Mathematica for Summation of Trigonometry
expression..... but it can't be evaluated as I think the expression is
too BIG or LONG.

I think it must be simplified further before evaluated in mathematica.
Kindly give me your opinion. please

The summation has to be done for the below expression from n=1 to n=126

  expression1=>   A.cos(w+ i.delta)t from i=1,2,3... to i=N=126

A is amplitude, w angular frequency, delta is just a spacing/interval,
t is time of course. This is a typical sinusoidal signal.

But to find the summation for all the terms from i=1 to i=126,
I need to have maybe a simplified power series to be evaluated in
mathematica? or ? I dont know, as
mathematica cant find the answers.

Kindly help me . Thank you so much in advance
Wish to hear from you all

rgds and thanks
Jason