JLink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53975] JLink
  • From: "D.D. \"Skip\" Snyder" <SkipS at bresnan.net>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 03:17:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm trying to exploit the capabilities of JLink to write Java code that uses
mathkernel.exe as a server.  I am testing the example program
SampleProgram.java which is located in the directory

C:\Program Files\Wolfram
Research\Mathematica\5.1\AddOns\JLink\Examples\Part2

1.  I am using NetBeans 3.6 as an IDE and, after setting the working
directory to
	C:\Program Files\Wolfram
Research\Mathematica\5.1\AddOns\JLink\Examples\Part2,
and the classpath to
	C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\5.1\AddOns\JLink\JLink.jar

SampleProgram.java will compile and execute correctly.

2.  If I now move the SampleProgram.java to another directory say
	E:\AOL12_SRC\JLink_Examples\Part2
and change the working directory to accommodate that change, I can compile
OK but when I try to execute I get the following exceptions:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: JLink_Examples/Part2/SampleProgram (wrong
name: SampleProgram)
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
Exception in thread "main"

It appears that these exceptions are the result of an inability to find the
file

"C:\Program Files\Wolfram
Research\Mathematica\5.1\AddOns\JLink\SystemFiles\Libraries\Windows\JLinkNat
iveLibrary.dll" which resides in its original installation directory.

I have tried to register the dll with no luck.  (I get a regsvr32 error
saying that it cannot find an entry point.)  I have also tried copying
JLinkNativeLibrary.dll into the new working directory, again with no luck.

Can anyone educate me on the finepoints of maintaining connections with
JLinkNativeLibrary.dll?

D.D. "Skip" Snyder
Blackhawk GeoServices, Inc
671 Crescent Ct.