Re: Re: Re: finding package in ExtraPackages`Enhancements`

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54176] Re: [mg54127] Re: [mg54096] Re: [mg54065] finding package in ExtraPackages`Enhancements`
  • From: DrBob <drbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 01:58:12 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

EVERYTHING in $UserBaseDirectory\Applications is an add-on, so it seems redundant to have one directory called AddOns, let alone two. "ExtraPackages" and "Enhancements" likewise appear unnecessary, uninformative, and redundant. Is there a user package that ISN'T an added-on, extra, enhancement? I don't think so.

Therefore, I suggest putting the package file directly in $UserBaseDirectory\Applications, edit it to remove mention of "Enhancements" from the BeginPackage statement, and load it with <<RootSearch` or Needs["RootSearch`"].

Otherwise, put it in $UserBaseDirectory\Applications\Enhancements (AS IS), and load it with <<Enhancements`RootSearch` or Needs["Enhancements`RootSearch`"].

Bobby

DrBob at bigfoot.com
www.eclecticdreams.net