Re: error mesages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54347] Re: [mg54333] error mesages
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 02:31:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The problem you're seeing is a locale problem whose solution is described
here...

http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/linux/general/runerror.html

The problem could happen on any Unix system, not just Linux as the FAQ
describes.  But I'm mystified by your claim that you're running 5.1, as the
5.1 front end binary is setting its own locale in order to avoid this very
issue.  Even so, the solution described by the above FAQ should work for
you.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com