Mathematica 5.0 on Mandrake and Numlock

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54464] Mathematica 5.0 on Mandrake and Numlock
  • From: Sean Lynch <Lynch-Sean at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 00:11:51 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I put my Mathematica 5.0 on a machine running Mandrake 10.1. At first I was a
little perplexed by the fact that I couldn't do anything with the keyboard
and all I saw was a hand tool. But then I saw a few post that all pointed to
the fact that if the numlock is turned off the problem is fixed. I did that
and fixed it was..
But I haven't found anything about using Mathematica 5.0 on Linux with the
numlock on. I like to work with the numlock on because I got used to (when I
started learning Mathematica) using the keypad to enter numbers. Is there any
way to keep the numlock on and still have all the functionality of the
keyboard when working with graphical notebooks?

Thank you