Re: Most plotting not working...?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54551] Re: Most plotting not working...?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 04:25:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 2/21/05 at 3:44 AM, hall at localhost.localhost (EKH) wrote:

>Hi all - I know that this is going to be dumb, but I can't for the
>life of me figure it out. It's probably too simple.

>First, I loaded the Graphics`PlotField` lib. Now, when I go through
>the ListPlotVectorField demo that creates the random varray and
>then pipes it through the ListPlotVectorField[varray] it just spits
>forth all of the numbers without drawing it.

>When I try other demos it just spits them back at me:

>In[49]:= PlotVectorField[{Sin[x], Cos[y]}, {x, 0, Pi}, {y, 0, Pi}]
>Out[49]:= PlotVectorField[{Sin[x], Cos[y]}, {x, 0, \[Pi]}, {y, 0,
>\[Pi]}]

>I know this is simple. Any help?

When Mathematica returns what you typed as input unevaluated, it is almost always becuase the function you asked to be evaluated is not defined yet.

You say, you "loaded the Graphices`PlotField` lib" but did not show how you did this. This is most likely the source of your problem. When I do

In[1]:=
<< "Graphics`PlotField`";
PlotVectorField[{Sin[x], Cos[y]}, {x, 0, Pi}, {y, 0, Pi}];

I get the expected graphic