Re: Re: Re: Bug in 5.1??

Your response is very curious. Who told you you are not supposed to
complain? I suggested you file a bug report. If you do not file one
presumably you have a reason?? Is the reason that (you imagine) I told
you not to complain? I am flattered to see that I now wield this sort
of authority but really I do not seek it. I only told you that in the
past people wrote write about such issues and, in the old days, someone
(usually David Withoff) would respond. But even he never gave, as far
as I can recall,  a clear reason why this happens, only a vague one
like the one I have given: strange things happen if you use
significance arithmetic at low precision,and try making comparisons
like

10`2 ==0

True

or

100`2==0

True

or whatever. Don't do it.

So now please do file a bug report and demand an explanation. I will be
very interested to read the response, if you get one of course. After
all, I am just another user and have no better access to WRI's thinking
than you have.

Andrzej Kozlowski