Re: Testing the 'type' of a root returned by Solve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54697] Re: Testing the 'type' of a root returned by Solve
  • From: Mike Witt <mwNOSPAM at mu.uoregon.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:29:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I figured that there would
be a "simple" way of testing whether an expression contained
an imaginary component, but apparently not. Given that, I think
I like David's suggestion best, of simply eliminating the
non numeric elements and then reintroducing them later.

-Mike